Search function of mailing list not working?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Feb 10 23:42:55 EST 2017

Hi,

On Fri, February 10, 2017 11:39 pm, BrianA_MN via gnucash-user wrote:
> New subscriber. I'm getting a 404 on the
> gnnucash-user subscribe page when attempting a search.  Is this as
> intended or a broken link?

What page are you starting from?
What link are you clicking?

The list "search" feature hasn't worked in years.  I was pretty sure the
new server migration removed the links.  Where are you seeing them?

> I want to search the archives for information on the COGS account setup
> for a small sole proprietor retail business. I'm not able to get it to
> apply the US 1040 Schedule C Cost of Goods tax related setting against
> the account for goods sold in the year.  I've had to instead simply mark
> it as "none" so it at least prints out in the tax report. Any
> suggestions on why? Using stable 2.6.15, US Currency. COGS is and
> expense account with frieght-in and sold inventory and "Inventory" is an
> Asset account with current inventory and transferred to COGS-sold
> accounts.

The best way to search the list is via google:

site:lists.gnucash.org < your query here >

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745