Report Dates

cmr cmr at reinehr.net
Sat Feb 11 18:03:00 EST 2017

I'm a relatively new user (2 years) so if this already has been answered I
apologize in advance.

Over the past year I have been setting up an investment account to track my
meager stock holdings. At the end of 2016 I was careful to record the
closing prices for my stocks in the price editor. Today, I attempted to run
an investment report to report the total value of those stocks as of the end
of 2016, but it always reports  the current value. I've tried editing the
report options & I have changed the GnuCash preferences, but no joy.

When I edit the report options the title of the report is updated to reflect
"Investment Portfolio 12/31/2016" but the values reported are unchanged.

This seems a rather glaring bug, so my first guess is that I'm doing
something wrong. Could someone please give me clue? :-)

Thanks,

CMR