When importing QFX, what does 'U+R' actually do?

George Riner georgeriner at mycogeo.com
Sun Feb 12 15:38:27 EST 2017

I'm downloading transactions from my bank as QFX file. I then do a
File->Import, select my downloaded file, and then it opens the 'Generic
import transaction matcher' and does the 'bayesian matching' on
transactions downloaded to matched transactions in the account. The
choices of actions to take are the 'A', 'U+R', and 'R'. I get it that
'A' is to have the downloaded transaction added to the account. I also
get that 'R' is to mark the matching transaction in the account as 'c'
in the R column. But I don't get what 'U+R' is doing. I take is that it
means doing the 'R' part and marking the matching transaction in the
account with a 'c' in the R column, but just what is the 'update' part
of 'U+R' updating? The comment to the right of the downloaded
transaction in the transaction matcher says: 'Update and reconcile
(auto) match'. What is being 'updated' to the matching transaction?

Using Windows 10 (64-bit)
GnuCash v. 2.6.13

:George
Sebastopol