Process payment of employee vouchers

iulian dragos jaguarul at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 05:24:45 EST 2017

Hi,

I am using Gnucash to manage a small business. We often have employee
expenses that need to be reimbursed, but I can't find a way to associate an
employee voucher to an actual payment *that was imported from my bank*.

- I see the employee voucher expense in Accounts Payable
- I download and import statements from the bank
- the payment appears in my Checking Account

Here's what I tried:

- right-click and "Assign as Payment" on the imported transaction. This
dialog will try to find a "Vendor", not employees, so I can't select the
voucher
- "Process payments". This adds a new transaction in my checking account so
now I have two for the same sum
- Manually set the imported transaction to "Accounts Payable". However,
this does not associate it to the expense voucher, and the "Bills due
reminder" keeps showing the payed vouchers.

What is the best way to handle such payments? Maybe of note: these vouchers
usually have several entries for different expense accounts.

thank you,
iulian