Merging data.

Nelson Handcock nelson.handcock at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:59:11 EST 2017

I've recently set up my gnucash file on dropbox. With the dropbox app
installed (windows 10), I simply open the file from the dropbox folder in
Explorer, and I can see all the regular incremental backups being created
in the dropbox folder (on the internet and in Windows) perfectly fine.

The dropbox app seems to handle syncronising the file perfectly fine -
every time I log on to my PC, the dropbox app starts and checks the
contents of the the dropbox folder on the internet.

I am expecting another person with access to the same dropbox folder (via
the app) to be accessing the same gnucash file - they should be able to
update it and I expect when I next turn on my PC it will be synch with the
more up to date file from the dropbox folder on the internet.

That way, you'd only need to copy your file onto your USB drive even now
and then as a "off site" backup for disaster recovery - how often you do it
is up to you.

Hope this suggestion helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson Handcock