A cruicial GNUCash feature that is missing, but easy to implement for budgets

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Feb 16 04:12:58 EST 2017

Op donderdag 16 februari 2017 00:41:41 CET schreef Larry:
> Peter,
> Thanks for replying.
> I am still unclear about what to drop into 'standard reports'. I found my
> way to the end of that path,  but don't know what to do when I get there.
> Do I just make a new folder called 'ytd-budget.scm'?
> Do I cut and paste the whole document that Phil sent the link for?
> Do I cut and paste only the part of the document that is in '()'?
> Or is it something else entirely?
> Sorry in don't understand programming,  so I am nervous about messing things
> up here. Hoping you can walk me through this.
> Larry

Hi Larry,

You copy the whole document Phil sent the link for.
You should copy it into a file names ytd-budget.scm and put this file
under c:\user\<your-username>\.gnucash
Then in that same directory create a file called config.user
and add one line including all the ()'s:
(load (gnc-build-dotgnucash-path "ytd-budget.scm"))

Then restart gnucash and the report should appear.

Regards,

Geert