A cruicial GNUCash feature that is missing, but easy to implement for budgets

lejohnston lejohnston at dccnet.com
Thu Feb 16 11:06:49 EST 2017

Geert,

1. There is a '.' before gnucash So no issue there.

2. I think I have windows configured to show extensions, it now shows .dll extensions. There is no .txt extension showing after 'config.user'.

3. The actual path is: "c:\users\lejoh\.gnucash" does that mean that the new file should be 'config.users instead of 'config.user'?

4. When I try to open ngucash I now get this message: 'GnuCash could not obtain the lock for file://C:\Users\lejoh\Documents\larry17test.gnucash.' Is this related to what I have been trying to do? There is no other user on this computer and gnucash was not open when I tried to launch it. GNUCash did open the first time I tried to open it after making the changes, now I get the above message. I do get a dialog box that says I can open the file anyway but have not done so yet.

Thanks,

Larry