A cruicial GNUCash feature that is missing, but easy to implement for budgets

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Feb 16 08:01:49 EST 2017

He

Two things spring to mind:

1. It's not "c:\users\lejoh\gnucash" but "c:\users\lejoh\.gnucash"
There's a dot in the name of the directory which is important. Perhaps that's
what you did and you just forgot it in your e-mail.

2. You write that you created a text file named "config.user". It's indeed the
proper name. However perhaps windows added a hidden .txt extension to this
file. Please double-check this is not the case (by configuring windows to
explicitly show known extensions).

If none of this helps, you can also post the contents of your trace file [1].
To avoid confusion, quit gnucash, remove all pre-existing trace files, then
start gnucash again. At this point you should only have one trace file left to
look at.

Regards,

Geert

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile