Custom Multicolumn reports - optimum sizes for PDF export

Jim Thompson jthomps6 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:59:22 EST 2017

Greetings,

Wanted to generate some summary charts for last year and this year (thru
today).

My custom multicolumn set of 6 reports looks like so...

BB - one Asset Barchart, spanning 2 columns * (start of last year thru
today)
OO - 2 Income Piecharts, 1 per column (last year; this year thru today)
OO - 2 Expense Piecharts, 1 per column (last year; this year thru today)
BB - one Expense Barchart, spanning 2 columns * (start of last year thru
today)

* = on General tab, Number of columns = 2; on Contents tab, for Selected
Reports used Size button to set Barcharts to 2 Cols

Fiddled with heights and widths to find dimensions that work well with PDF
exports..

Bar Charts: Plot Width 900 (across 2 columns); Plot Height 485; Max Bars 18
Pie Charts: Plot Width 450; Plot Height 485; Max Slices 18

IMHO, this is a decent set of reports for a nice overview which (at least
in my case) positioned the PDF page break where I want it. Even looks good
if emailed to a mobile phone.

Cheers,
Jim