What purpose is served by the Account Code field?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:17:59 EST 2017

Ken,

In my response to your earlier post I mentioned that you can enter the
account code in the account name field when entering transactions, and that
works nicely even tho there is no configuration to show the account code in
the account name field.

The account tree being fixed as the first column on the COA page is what
can interfere with sorting by account number if your tree deviates too much
from the traditional number schemes.

David C