saved to a SQL server, now it won't load it

George Riner GeorgeRiner at mycogeo.com
Sat Feb 18 19:36:59 EST 2017

Just to add...

Gnucash spins for 4-5 seconds, and the lights on the NAS box blink
busily, and Gnucash has that 'loading user data' progress bar in the
lower right. All my accounts show up with my names, my AccountCodes, and
the "Price Editor" shows my stocks and their price histories.

But all the accounts are empty of transactions and have $0.00 balances.

--------------

I setup a SQL server on my Synology NAS box. It's their MariaDB
implementation of MySQL. I then did a Save as... to a new database on
that server. The save appears to have worked.  I can login to the server
through the MyPHPadmin tool and see that the database now has the
expected tables and that the 'transactions' table has ~38,000 records in
it - which is about right. I can look in the tables and see my
transactions - they look like they are there.

So... I restart GnuCash, open up my books from the SQL server and ...
all the accounts are empty! No errors are shown in Gnucash.

I have to enter my login and password to get to the SQL server on the
NAS, and I've given myself all the permissions on that Gnucash database.
  So... why does nothing load in? I can still see all the tables with
all their data in them. (I haven't edited any values directly in the
tables, so I'm really sure I haven't broken anything by manually
fiddling around in the db.)

:George
Sebastopol