Transaction Report without Accounts Payable

tracker at fsck-it.com tracker at fsck-it.com
Sun Feb 19 02:05:35 EST 2017

Hello all.

I am trying to create a report to send to my accountant. I use accounts
payable for payroll and employee vouchers for reimbursements (which adds
it to A/P). I use invoices for incoming money which puts those funds
into account receivable until paid. I like this method but, now that
it's time to send paperwork to someone else, I am having trouble.

I thought that the best thing to do is to send them income and expense
transaction reports. Well, if I create a transaction report for my
expense account and its children, it includes A/P transactions that
haven't been paid. So, I thought to create a report of just transactions
from my checking, credit card, and paypal accounts. I set it so that
primary key for sorting was "Other Account Name". Well, I thought that
was the ticket but the numbers are not adding up. Some split
transactions are displaying their credit instead of debit so totals end
up wrong. I also tried adding "other account name" to the display on my
expenses transaction report and exported it to cvs. My thought was that
I could just delete any lines that had that A/P as the "other account".
However, that means that I have recalculate all of the totals again or
write macros to.

Is there a way to show a transaction report (or something similar) for
all expense accounts without including A/P transactions? I want the
transactions to be grouped by the expense account.

Is my only option to export to sql and write a program to display the
report?

Thanks in advance!