Transaction matcher

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Feb 24 04:41:06 EST 2017

Op vrijdag 24 februari 2017 00:05:14 CET schreef Ken Runge:
> I am another refugee, hopefully convert! from quicken, so please bear
> with me. I have two questions (so far) about the 'generic import
> transaction matcher' which one uses after importing bank transactions.
> 1. For new transactions never seen before by GC is there a way to
> specify multiple splits. I seem only to be able to point to one account
> but this then requires making notes of the transactions I know are wrong
> (notes are required when you have a memory like mine) and then adding
> the additional lines later. This seems like an unnecessary additional
> step.  2. I am sure I will discover this as I progress but to help
> shorten the learning curve I would like to know if the 'learning'
> process (sorry don't know proper term) requires any additional
> description other than what is automatically provided by the download
> process. Thanks

Welcome to GnuCash!

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible in the current gnucash release.
The csv importer has been reworked recently to be able to manage multi-split
transactions. However this will only be released as part of the 2.8 release
later this year.

If you're adventurous there are test builds available for Windows [1] and
Fedora Linux [2] (although I note the latter is apparently failing currently,
I'd have to check why). If you're on either platform you could test the new
functionality on a backup of your data and provide feedback about how it
works.

Regards,

Geert

[1] http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/master/