Transaction matcher

Ken Runge kr at bell.net
Fri Feb 24 00:05:14 EST 2017

I am another refugee, hopefully convert! from quicken, so please bear
with me. I have two questions (so far) about the 'generic import
transaction matcher' which one uses after importing bank transactions.
1. For new transactions never seen before by GC is there a way to
specify multiple splits. I seem only to be able to point to one account
but this then requires making notes of the transactions I know are wrong
(notes are required when you have a memory like mine) and then adding
the additional lines later. This seems like an unnecessary additional
step.  2. I am sure I will discover this as I progress but to help
shorten the learning curve I would like to know if the 'learning'
process (sorry don't know proper term) requires any additional
description other than what is automatically provided by the download
process. Thanks