interesting Figures (Shouldn't They Match?)

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 27 20:26:34 EST 2017

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:07:09 -0600
> From: Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com>
> To: Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
> Cc: gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: Re: interesting Figures (Shouldn't They Match?)
>
> On 02/27/2017 09:43 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> writes:
> >
> >> Good afternoon,
> >>
> >> Just ran a Balance Sheet and an Advanced Portfolio and found
> >>

> >> Account				Balance Sheet 	Advanced Portfolio
> >> Total Investments		$553,856.78	$541,590.70
> >>
> >> Unrealized Gain/Loss		$130,684.25	$171,555.97
> >>

> >> Both reports were run with the same report options, why are they
> different?
> >
> > Are you sure both are using the same "Quote Source"?
> Thanks Derek,
>
> They should be; how would I check?
>
> I did discover one thing - CASH is NOT included in the Advanced
Portfolio...

> Cheers,
> Jay
> >
> >> Thanks,
> >> Jay
> >
> > -derek
> >

> --
> Jay Ridgley
> jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
> Registered Linux User ID - 9115
> https://linuxcounter.net/cert/9115.png
> Registered Ubuntu User ID - 23320

Hi Jay,

'Quote Source' is one of the report options. You probably should use
'Nearest in Time'.

Cash dividends may not be included as 'income' in the Advanced Portfolio
Report unless you add a dummy split to the stock account in the dividend
transaction.
Please see
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-help/report-classes.html#report-
assets