Unposting flawed A/R invoice

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Feb 28 12:01:45 EST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, February 28, 2017 11:51 am, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:
>
>> When the invoice is opened in a tab/window, there is an "Unpost Invoice"
>> option under the Edit Menu, or an unpost button on the tool bar.
>
> Geert,
>
>    I have the A/R account tab open and the transaction in question is
> highlighted in yellow. I thought the unpost invoice item was in the Edit
> menu, but it's not there. There's also nothing on the tool bar, only the
> set from Save on the left to Reconcile on the right.

You cannot unpost the invoice from the A/R menu.  You need to open the
posted invoice.

>    With that invoice in its own tab, the Edit menu has a Post item, but
> not
> an Unpost item. The menu bar has a down arrow on the extreme right. That
> drop down menu has a greyed out unpost invoice item between the post
> invoice
> and pay invoice items.
>
>    This with the current version 2.6.15.

This sounds like the invoice isn't posted; are you sure this is the
invoice tied to the transaction you're trying to remove?

Also, are you sure you didn't accidentally "Duplicate" a posted invoice
transaction?

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745