Where is the program to install Finance::Quote?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Feb 28 16:41:58 EST 2017

> On Feb 28, 2017, at 10:58 AM, Steve <butterandsalt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just picked up a new laptop, Windows 10. For the life of me, can't locate the
> program to install the Finance::Quote.  Not seeing it in the Start Menu
> under the GnuCash Group.
>
> Can someone point me to the name of the program in question?
>
> Thanks...  Steve

> "Windows requires perl to be installed already. If you haven’t done so, you
> should first install ActivePerl, or more recently, Strawberry Perl.
>
> The Windows installer from the GnuCash home page comes with a small helper
> program to install Finance::Quote for you. You can find it in the Start Menu
> under the GnuCash group and is called “Install Online Price Retrieval”."

It's "Install Online Price Retrieval" just like the note above says. Windows 8 (and therefore 10) got rid of the grouped menus, so the easiest way to get it is to click the window button on the left end of the task bar and start typing "Install Online Price Retrieval" at it. It'll show up on the menu after 3 or 4 keystrokes.

Regards,
John Ralls