What is the blue line all about?

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Sun Jan 1 09:53:13 EST 2017

GnuCash has another very useful feature. One can set the number of months in the past that should be assumed to be in the previous year. This feature allows me to enter 12-12 today and get 2016-12-12. This is very helpful when I find an old receipt that was not entered last month or the month before. It's also helpful if I get busy around the end of the month and don't get around to keying receipts until the next month.

  On my Mac running GnuCash 2.6.13, this setting is in Preferences on the GnuCash menu: On the Date/Time tab, look for Date Completion and select the sliding 12-month window and then set a number in the text field.

Best,
John