What is the blue line all about?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Jan 1 04:22:08 EST 2017

On Sun, 01 Jan 2017 10:56:39 +0200
Anita Graves <anitagraves at mac.com> wrote:

> That is exactly what happened.  I realized this when I looked closely
> at my own transaction and realized it automatically put in 2017
> without my knowledge.
>
> This brings up a serious problem for me.  My fiscal (financial) year
> is not a calendar year.  So, I would be entering transactions as
> usual up till March or April when my financial year begins.
>
> Therefore, I wish to disable any settings in Gnucash that conflict
> with this.  I have entered my time frame in the appropriate settings,
> but I still wish to avoid any trouble in the future.
>
> I thank you all for your kindness to reply.
>
> Anita

If you type in a date "1" you get the first day of the current month.
If you type in a date and month (lets make it 12/12 so no one gets
confused) you get the 12th day of the 12th month of the current year.

The blue line alerted you to a problem, which you then sorted out.
However, sometimes you put something in which disappears into the past,
because the date isn't right. Then you need to search that account
using the description or the amount to locate the transaction which
needs editing.

Just ask, we're all here.

Liz