no .csv export

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Sun Jan 1 11:30:01 EST 2017

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 22:23:31 -0600
"geo.inbox.ignored" <geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com> wrote:

> with gnucash 2.4.15, export file is limited to 'xml' type.
>
> how does one save as 'csv'?
>
> have need to load files of previous years into 1 large file.
>
> how does one merge many files to 1 file?
>
> tia.

Hi tia

Are you hoping to export several previous accounts as CSV, merge them and re-import them? If so, be aware that currently (let alone back in 2.4.15) the CSV import and output are not compatible so exporting as CSV's may not be of help anyway. This is being worked on apparently.

I don't think there is any way to merge many files to 1 file automatically.

Mike E

--
PGP key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xDB8F7CF1C67BBC0F