Can't edit transactions

mash mash55 at mailinator.com
Tue Jan 3 16:23:48 EST 2017

New user, with GnuCash 2.6.11 running on Windows 10.
I created (among others) an account with the Account Type: BANK
All works just fine including 'split' transactions (after figuring out how
they work :) ) except that I can not make changes to the transaction. E.g.
If I enter a wrong amount ( $10 instead of $12) and go back to change the
amount it switches back to the original $10 as soon as I move o the next
transaction.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Matt