Named searches

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Wed Jan 4 11:47:22 EST 2017

On 2017-01-04 07:34, Derek Atkins wrote:
> AC <gnucash at acarver.net> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to create/store named searches for the ledger view?  I
>> don't want a report, I want an editable ledger that I can recall quickly
>> and have multiple open.
>
> No, but if you keep the search result window open when you exit GnuCash
> then it *should* auto-reopen the next time you open GnuCash.  Note that
> I haven't tried this, but theoretically it should work.

It does but I only get to have one search tab.  The idea was to have
what amounts to a virtual ledger which is a set of search criteria and
be able to have multiple of those (or at least a quick link) to pull up
saved searches.

I have to usually go back and edit some transactions once I get
statements in from the respective sources (banks, etc.) to fix entries.
These are usually split transactions so the Description field will find
them but the transaction has many accounts involved and I don't get a
complete picture if I look at any one account.  The idea, then, was to
save a search for the specific Description and then be able to call up
that search (or leave maultiple search tabs open) which will let me
expand the splits for editing.