Importing accounts/data as CSV

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Jan 13 08:57:45 EST 2017

Op vrijdag 13 januari 2017 05:37:46 CET schreef Rich Shepard:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, David T. wrote:
> > How many mortgage transactions are you talking about?
>
> David,
>
>    One per month going back 7 years.
>
> > Many users set up scheduled transactions for a single mortgage (I do not).
> > My own method for handling my single mortgage is to enter transactions
> > manually and adjust each transaction to match the loan statement.
> > GnuCash’s autofill feature makes this easy, since it puts all the splits
> > in place. I simply adjust the amounts. The greatest amount of time really
> > is logging on to the mortgage website. Of course, you’re doing that anyway
> > in order to download the transactions.
>
>    I enter the data from the monthly statement when I write the check. I'll
> look at autofill, but now I need to convert the exported .cxv files for each
> account, convert them to .qif, and import them to gnucash.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

If you're adventurous and have some development capability (that is, you are
able to build gnucash from scratch) you may be interested in beta testing the
improved csv export and import functionality in the current development tree.
The new importer is able to directly import csv files exported from gnucash,
including multi split transactions. It's even multi-currency capable with
restrictions.

If this interests you, just ask for more information.

Regards,

Geert