Importing accounts/data as CSV

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 13 09:15:52 EST 2017

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:

> If you're adventurous and have some development capability (that is, you
> are able to build gnucash from scratch) you may be interested in beta
> testing the improved csv export and import functionality in the current
> development tree. The new importer is able to directly import csv files
> exported from gnucash, including multi split transactions. It's even
> multi-currency capable with restrictions.

Geert,

   Most of the applications I use are built here, primarily using
SlackBuilds.org scripts. GnuCash is one such tool.

   While I would not mind testing the latest development source, but the data
I need to import was not exported from GnuCash. It comes from jgnash, so the
direct import of .csv files will not help with my data.

Thanks for the information,

Rich