Importing accounts/data as CSV

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Jan 13 09:20:14 EST 2017

Op vrijdag 13 januari 2017 06:15:52 CET schreef Rich Shepard:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > If you're adventurous and have some development capability (that is, you
> > are able to build gnucash from scratch) you may be interested in beta
> > testing the improved csv export and import functionality in the current
> > development tree. The new importer is able to directly import csv files
> > exported from gnucash, including multi split transactions. It's even
> > multi-currency capable with restrictions.
>
> Geert,
>
>    Most of the applications I use are built here, primarily using
> SlackBuilds.org scripts. GnuCash is one such tool.
>
>    While I would not mind testing the latest development source, but the
> data I need to import was not exported from GnuCash. It comes from jgnash,
> so the direct import of .csv files will not help with my data.

Ok.

I see my proposal was a bit misleading. While exporting and re-importing in
gnucash is the most straightforward method, because it comes with a preset for
this, you can also import other multi-split csv data. In that case you need to
set the columns in the importer gui manually to match the exact format of your
data, but the flexibility is there now.

Geert