moving data

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 13 12:28:10 EST 2017

Just to add a quick summary, the ".gnucash" folder only stores
metadata.  You will need to find your "foo.gnucash" file, somewhere,
which is your actual data file.  It will be co-located with files named
foo.gnucash.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.gnucash and foo.gnucash.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.log
which are backup and log files, respectively.

Where these exist on your system is all based on where you saved them;
sort of like how you could store a Word file anywhere.

Good Luck,

-derek