GnuCash is safe. Was re: How safe is GnuCash?

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Sat Jan 14 18:05:30 EST 2017

Robert,

Yes, exactly, d'accord.  I have no hesitation using GnuCash for most
environments. But the questions raised by the original poster, as you point
out, lead me to believe he should avoid it unless his organisation and
potential auditors certify it has the necessary feature set. From the other
posts by the OP it appears it does not.

Without knowing the specific software the OP mentions initially, the
question becomes solipcistic (but perhaps still interesting) for most users
of gnucash. Unless a developer wants to implement that kind of feature set,
I would hesitate to ask for it, even though it would be great to have.  I
am very grateful for all the work they have done so far.

But who knows. If Kaj can give us the titles of the software he mentions in
his first post, that might be specific enough to inspire this develpment in
gnucash.

Gordon