Date ranges on General Reports/General Journal?

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:00:48 EST 2017

    You found a report that I did not know about.  I agree that it is useless,  but if you open the General Ledger register and adjust the view as I suggested then run the Account Report you get a time interval limited report that covers all accounts.  The General Ledger report just below the General Journal report allows selection of dates, accounts and several other features.
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: Jobjörn FolkessonDate: Sun, Jan 15, 2017 1:32 PMTo: david.carlson.417 at gmail.com;Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Re: Date ranges on General Reports/General Journal?
Do you mean opening an account view, filtering that, and then opening the General Reports report? I don't see why that would work, and upon trying I can verify that it does not.

Just to be clear, the wiki (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Using_GnuCash#General_Journal) explicitly says "This report is not customizable by date", so I really think you can't customize it by date. I am curious as to why you can't do that.

Jobjörn Folkesson