Date ranges on General Reports/General Journal?

Jobjörn Folkesson jobjorn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 04:22:21 EST 2017

Yes, this I know. The General Ledger report is not as good as the General
Journal for my purpose, however - all transactions are shown at least twice
(one time for each account they're in) and split transactions show as
"Split transaction" rather than information of which accounts are involved
in the split. I want to save a paper copy of the entire year's records (and
give one copy to the auditors), so it won't suffice.

So my original question - why can't you date-limit the General Journal? -
remains. Perhaps a developer could answer.

Regards,
Jobjörn