Custom Reports?

David J. Bakeman dbakeman at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 00:07:41 EST 2017

On 01/15/2017 06:39 AM, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
> OK, so back in November, I sent the email below. I still can’t get this to work, and nobody offered suggestions.
>
> ———————————
> Hi,
>
> In the course of digging around my GnuCash installation (GC2.6.14, OSX10.11.6), I noticed a copy of Phil L’s Budget comparison report (psl-budget.scm) sitting in ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash, along with config.user which included the text “(load “psl-budget.scm”)”.
>
> Per the wiki on custom reports, this should load the report PSL-Budget upon startup. However, when I run GnuCash, I do not see this report in any menus. I tried changing config.user to read "(load (gnc-build-dotgnucash-path “psl-budget.scm”))” again, per the wiki, but it did not change the results. THe report doesn’t load. Neither are there any errors at the console when I run GnuCash. It appears that the report is entirely ignored by the startup.
>
> For testing purposes, I tried copying the file into the GnuCash main bundle, first into:
>   /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report (with no change in result)
> and next into:
>   /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report/standard-reports (with major crash and many errors, which I can post if it helps)
>
> So, my question is: does anyone know why I am unable to get the report to load? What am I missing?
I use gnucash 2.6.6 on fedora 21.  I have 3 custom reports I use.  I
have each on a line in HOME/.gnucash/config.user

(load "/users/home/.gnucash/myreport.scm")

Try the debug settings in the wiki to see more console output. (Not at
my gnucash computer at the moment).  Make sure you change the
(gnc:define-report stuff I think it's at the end of the report and it
needs a guid as I recall there is a console program that comes with
gnucash to generate the guid.