Custom Reports?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 00:34:21 EST 2017

> On Jan 16, 2017, at 10:07 AM, David J. Bakeman <dbakeman at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
> I use gnucash 2.6.6 on fedora 21.  I have 3 custom reports I use.  I
> have each on a line in HOME/.gnucash/config.user
>
> (load "/users/home/.gnucash/myreport.scm")
>
> Try the debug settings in the wiki to see more console output. (Not at
> my gnucash computer at the moment).  Make sure you change the
> (gnc:define-report stuff I think it's at the end of the report and it
> needs a guid as I recall there is a console program that comes with
> gnucash to generate the guid.

David,

Thanks. I honestly don’t know what the problem is here; I am trying to load Phil L.’s std budget report, which he provided several years ago and also just recently. I have attempted to load both the earlier one (named psl-budget.scm) and the more recent one (ytd-budget.scm) without success. Phil has clearly got it running on his machine, using the same config.user mumbo-jumbo, so I have to assume that the report is correctly-formed. However, I and at least one other user on the list has been unable to get the report to appear on the menus. I clearly haven’t been making the correct sacrifices to the Scheme gods…

David T.