Have any Online Accounting Software companies closed?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jan 16 05:35:23 EST 2017

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 09:18:38 -0000
"Fred Bone" <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> On 15 January 2017 at 19:15, Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd)
> said:
>
> > My accountant recommended KashFlow
> >
> > https://www.kashflow.com/l/home-v2/
> >
> > which is online based - you access it with a web browser, rather
> > than have the software on your own computer. I'm not too keen on
> > this idea, as that company can go to the wall, and you have your
> > data in their proprietary format.
> >
> > Are there any examples of such companies going broke or otherwise
> > closing? What problems did it cause people?
>
> Perhaps you could ask your acountant for a written guarantee that
> KashFlow will not fold ...

I'm not sure about their accounting. On the top of the page you can get
a 30 day free trial, and on the bottom a 14 day free trial.
Otherwise no price is mentioned. When I found the price I found three
with little explanation, just the well researched psychological tool of
telling you one is "more popular". Of course its not the basic rate.
Even +VAT is in fine print.

I can't supply the name of any single cloud accounting package which
has gone bust, but I am sure that some will have already come and gone.

There is nothing "new" on this blog
https://veechicurtis.wordpress.com/ but it contains some very pertinent
advice.

Liz