A crucial GNUCash feature that is missing, but easy to implement for budgets

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Jan 17 09:29:13 EST 2017

Op dinsdag 17 januari 2017 17:29:43 CET schreef David T.:
> Geert,
>
> Thanks for explaining this to me.
>
> Here is my update:
>
> 1) I added the gettext line to ytd-budget.scm,
> 2) I stored the file in ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/reports (the
> usual location for a Mac) 3) I double checked that ~/Library/Application
> Support/Gnucash/config.user pointed to the file. 3) I restarted GnuCash.
>
> The report failed to display, so I rebooted and tried again, again without
> success.
I wonder if the space in "Application Support" is causing issues. For testing,
can you store the report somewhere in a path without spaces and try to load it
from there ? I'm aware this is not a good final solution. However I'm looking
for causes to fix.

In addition, please check the contents of the trace file at each failure.

Geert