Saving data files on XFS file system

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 23:37:18 EST 2017

Is your system totally 64-bit? Is the GnuCash executable 64-bit or 32-bit?

I found this online, which may be relevant:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/O66CUC7ZTWH5UWZFCRYYKDBH625STH5U/

If I understand correctly, some 32-bit applications have problems with the
large inode numbers in an XFS file system. The message suggests recompiling
with
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
I have no idea whether that will have any effect on GnuCash.

I guess you could try different combinations of 64/32-bit machine,
64/32-bit operating system, 64/32-bit gnucash executable, to see whether
that has any effect on the problem you've noticed.