Saving data files on XFS file system

darthbrader brader at ieee.org
Sun Jan 22 21:31:31 EST 2017

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions.

The problem does seem to be with the 32-bit version.  My system was all
32-bit, and my XFS was 6TB, just like in that Fedora forum
(https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/O66CUC7ZTWH5UWZFCRYYKDBH625STH5U/).
I switched over to an all-64-bit system, and the problem is solved.

One caveat is that I haven't re-tested with the current version of Gnucash,
only with version 2.6.12 (though I expect 2.6.15 would work fine).  The
Ubuntu-maintained packages are version 2.6.12.  I had tried that version
previously and had the same problem on my 32-bit system, then updated to
GetDeb's 2.6.15 before posting here.  Unfortunately GetDeb doesn't seem to
have a 64-bit package built, and I haven't had a time to build it myself.
I'll post back if I run into any problems down the line, but this does seem
to be the issue.

I did not try the "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" compile option on the 32-bit
system, so that may work as well.  I also have not tried 64/32-bit mixed
configurations.  I did try turning off compression on the 32-bit system, but
that did not work.

Many thanks again for all your help.

All the best,
-Derek