Backend problem

GatwickDP gatwickdp at britmail.net
Sun Jan 22 15:24:52 EST 2017

   Here is the situation. Have Ubantu/32 box. Backup a number a files to
   make a mirror each day.
   One of the folders is Gnucash with all the files and databases in
   single folder. Works fine on local machine, can open program  and mount
   another computer (Ubantu) and go to data files there and Gnucash works
   fine. Works fine with all versions we are using of Ubantu and a Win XP
   machine.
   Problem is when we created the exact same folder structure and put it
   on a Win 10 Pro 64  creating proper sharing/security structure on Win
   10 machine- when we  attempt to open Gnucash and we get the "no
   suitable backend" error. However when installing on the same win 10
   machine a Gnucash program the files in the same folder open fine.
   Further we can use the win 10 program and map/mount a drive from one of
   the Ubantu boxes and it opens fine.
    All other files On Win 10, such as excel or word will open under Libra
   office quite fine from the ubantu box.
   What are we missing and what gives?