Backend problem

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:13:16 EST 2017

On 22 January 2017 at 20:24, GatwickDP <gatwickdp at britmail.net> wrote:
>    Here is the situation. Have Ubantu/32 box. Backup a number a files to
>    make a mirror each day.
>    One of the folders is Gnucash with all the files and databases in
>    single folder. Works fine on local machine, can open program  and mount
>    another computer (Ubantu) and go to data files there and Gnucash works
>    fine. Works fine with all versions we are using of Ubantu and a Win XP
>    machine.
>    Problem is when we created the exact same folder structure and put it
>    on a Win 10 Pro 64  creating proper sharing/security structure on Win
>    10 machine- when we  attempt to open Gnucash and we get the "no
>    suitable backend" error.

I don't fully understand what you mean by that. Where are you running
Gnucash in the above situation? I assumed you meant you had installed
GC on the Win machine, but then in the first sentence below you say
that if you install GC on the Win machine it works ok.

Please clarify exactly what is the situation that does not work.

Colin