Backend problem

Jazzwineman gatwickdp at britmail.net
Sun Jan 22 17:42:14 EST 2017

The situation is that when we backup to the win10 machine and then on a
ubantu machine  we mount-map the location of the gnucash files that are on
the win10 machine and then on the ubantu machine open up gnucash and attempt
to open the files on the win10 machine- we get the bankend error message.

This does not happen on any other ubantu machine or on a winxp machine.
Purely as a test, I installed gnucash on the win 10 machine and opened the
files that had been stored on the win 10 machine - just to see if they were
corrupt or any such thing and they opened fine. I also ran the gnucash from
win 10 and opened files that were on the ubantu machine and thus the only
problem is getting the silly back-end message when opening the gnucash
program on ubantu and then trying to run the files that are stored on win10.