Backend problem

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 23 19:36:26 EST 2017

> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:31:48 -0800
> From: GatwickDP <gatwickdp at britmail.net>
> To: "Colin Law" <clanlaw at gmail.com>
> Cc: <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>, <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>,
> 	<ml-node+s1415818n4689095h13 at n4.nabble.com>
> Subject: Re: Backend problem
>
> any of the files that contain the data of accounts.

Hi Jazzwineman,

I suspect the problem is more to do with how the Windows path is mapped in
Ubuntu. I'd be surprised if it was to do with a 32/64 bit mismatch.
How is it mapped? What's in all the boxes showing the path in the Open
window when you navigate to the directory? What's the actual xxx.gnucash
filename?
Are there any funny characters in the pathname or filename? What country is
this for (if not England)?

Regards, Chris Good