How does one print a report?

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Jan 30 08:38:05 EST 2017

On 1/30/2017 2:42 AM, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
> When I want to print a report (on Mac OSX), I usually export to HTML, and then print that.

I always do it that way. In fact, I then copy "no format" from the HTML
to an ordinary document for final editing. But that's because keeping
the books for non-profits and what should show on the treasurer's report
to the board might be a different level of detail than what is required
for other reporting purposes.

Examples (just a couple)
1) Printing/postage for an event available for totaling into all
printing/postage (that's a line item on the 990/990-EZ) but the board
just wants to see what the total expenses for the event are.
2) Similarly the board would want to see the total "non-employee" cost
to the organization, not separately "pay" and "travel" reimbursement"
and each intern separately but that detail is needed for a possible
1099-MISCs (if $600 or more)

PLUS -- may be adding annotations for items unexpectedly large or small.

Michael D Novack