Changing data file name

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:01:49 EST 2017

On 31 January 2017 at 16:48, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   I want to change data file names from gnucash-personal.gnucash* to just
> personal.gnucash*. I know the .log files can be ignored. I have two files
> and would like to know which I can rename and access when I invoke GnuCash:
>
> 11486 Jan 30 13:01 gnucash-personal.gnucash
>
> and
>
> 11379 Jan 29 16:10 gnucash-personal.gnucash.20170130130137.gnucash
>
> all other files are *.log (including in the personal/ subdirectory).

The second one is a backup file automatically created (at the
timestamp in the filename, so 30th Jan) by gnucash when it saved the
main file, which is the first one above. You can rename the first one
or you could use File > Save As in the menu to save it as a different
name or in a different place.

Colin