Clean CSV export

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 16:17:41 EDT 2017

> Thanks Gt, yep, I have used that software in the past with success.
>
> I'm glad it was helpful to someone, this is my motivation and payment!

> Tried the export function but forgot about the hidden Excel option, . . .

> If you refer to the XLSM2QIF Excel menu option, this menu is not hidden is
a menu like the others in that ribbon, just locate it.

> . . . instead of accepting the default HTML file extension (which ports
> HTML code into
> Excel, not wanted) manually enter file name with XLS extension.
>
> Excuse me, I did not understand what you wanted to say here.

> It does throw an error when opening in Office 2010 but seems okay if you
> continue, need to run a few more tests before relying on data just in case
> -
> so far, so good!
>
> XLSM2QIF is a MS Office 2016 file (This information is missing), it is
normal and some incompatibility is expected if it is used with earlier
versions of MS Office.

I use little, it serves more to feel the freedom, as a comfort to know that
we can at any time migrate our data to Excel (or other) if desired and even
recover data from a corrupted .gnucash file. For me it works fine, the only
one I've noticed so far was that it takes time to parse the raw transaction
view for large .gnucash files.
My unpublished (and will not be published) personal version of XLSM2QIF
exports straight to the .gnucash file and runs for years without any
errors. I'm satisfied with GnuCash.

As no one ever complained about XLSM2QIF, it has not been improved.

PS, went to use the account tab colour code feature -  you can tell
> instantly this is open source GNU related, drop down pallet of colours,
> nope
> lol complete rainbow where you have to copy the colours code into other tab
> edits to repeat the same colour.
>
> As a grateful user of GNU Cash I mean this in the nicest possible way, but
> you guys sometimes go out of your way to make things more complicated than
> they are
>
> Excuse me, I'm not a GnuCash developer, this is up to them.
I agree with you that there is much to improve, but in the case of the
colors of the tabs, we have the picker to copy the colors to another tab.

Regards
GTI