deleting .log files Gnucash

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Jul 4 05:31:30 EDT 2017

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 18:29:28 +0000
Carl Hofinga <chofinga at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My file dates go back to January 2014. The Preference shows to delete
> these files in 30 days but that does not happen. Is there a faster
> way of deleting these files then one by one?

There was one version (number not recalled) that was very poor on doing
the cleanup.
What version are you using? If it is before the 2.6 series, then it
would be worth upgrading.

Apart from that there is one remaining 'gotcha'.
If you have more than one file, and always open file "A" and then
transfer to file "B", and then close Gnucash while file "B" is active,
then only file "B" will have its old log files removed.