deleting .log files gnucash financial

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Tue Jul 4 13:34:14 EDT 2017

On 7/3/2017 2:29 PM, Carl Hofinga wrote:
> My file dates go back to January 2014. The Preference shows to delete these files in 30 days but that does not happen. Is there a faster way of deleting these files then one by one?

Yes, IF you have your books (and so all these log files) in a
directory(file folder) that contains just them << if there are only a
few other things the trick might still be usable >>

Remember, you can easily delete EVERYTHING in a directory, so the
problem is just how to keep what you want to keep.

  The way I usually do this is to temporarily create another directory
and copy into it the current books and say the last few log files. I
then CHECK that this has happened OK << for example, open the books in
THAT file using "file open" where you can specify what you want opened
 >> Now delete all in the original directory. Copy back in from the
temporary directory. CHECK that this worked. Now you can delete the
temporary directory. Notice that I checked before every irreversible
operation. Being that careful or not is up to you.

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.