import problems

Roderick Averill rod.averill.pa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:35:26 EDT 2017

I'm trying to import data from my bank. I've tried both QIF format and csv format.

The QIF file is !Type:Bank and it appears to process fine, but I cannot find the data in my journal.

I then tried a csv file, but after adding column names, and importing, gnucash crashes!!!!

I'm running on a macbook.

I'm a new user, so I needs some help in debugging this import problem I'm having..

Thanks

Snippet of qif file:
!Type:Cash in Bank - 1st Bank 5343
D05/01/2017
T88.5-
NVISA
PVISA KING SOOPERS 6000 S. HOLL GREENWOOD VIL CO ON 04-30 5102
^

First row of csv file:
5/1/17	VISA KING SOOPERS 6000 S. HOLL GREENWOOD VIL CO ON 04-30 5102	VISA	-88.5