Archiving Records To Improve Performance

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 14:36:44 EDT 2017

I’m not aware of any such function, but you could make multiple copies named for the year or year ranges you want, then delete all transactions in each that don’t fall in those years.

You’ll then need to edit the opening balances for each account for each file to reflect their ending balances from the prior file.

What might help instead is saving as either sqlite3 or mysql format instead of the default xml. Database versions update instantly, so there is no need to save.

Note, you don’t need to exit from GC if you don’t have to shutdown or logoff.

I leave my copy of GC running along with my computer, for months at a time. The only drawback to this is at present, scheduled transactions are not automatically alerted or generated. You’d have to click the “Since Last Run…” option to trigger them.

Regards,
Adrien