Ver. 2.4.11 recovery

james garftd at verizon.net
Sun Jul 9 00:06:10 EDT 2017

Hello,

Good news, I lost a small 5 year history (but should have backups from
last year. I've been really sick for 6 months, so my gnu-skills
fuzzy, weak or just blank.

When I fire up gnucash all I get is an empty version. I have 5 years of
data in gnucash, but I cannot seem to get the data to load. gnucash
fires up just fine; everything is zeros. I use (gentoo) linux.

In the past I just launched  (gnucash &) and it found everything.
I think I deleted files I should not have.

gnucash.workpages.27aug2016.guncash.0.7933.LNK, to similar .log files
and gnucash.workpages.27aug2016.guncash.LCK.

So I've tried to load up older files, even a year older or so with no
luck. The chart of accounts and names are there, just no data.

Any ideas on recovery ?   I many .log files and .guncash files
that are not empty, but nothing I try loads any of the older data.

I need to recover what I can, enter any deleted older data, enter the
data for 2016 so I can generate end of year 2016 reports and get those
to the accountant to file a late tax return.

Assume I'm a bit 'washed-out' on gnucash tricks. All ideas are welcome.

James