When importing transactions, what happens to non-identical data in the description and notes fields?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 11:31:19 EDT 2017

The importer includes three options: A, R and R+U. These mean:

A     = add the transaction as new
R+U =  reconcile the transaction with a matching transaction and update the existing GC transaction with the incoming data (description field etc.)
R     = Reconcile the incoming transaction with the existing transaction

What you choose affects what you get.

HTH,
David