Copying many transactions

azalea4va common17 at azalea.name
Fri Jul 14 14:34:02 EDT 2017

GnuCash - User mailing list wrote
>  In other words, money comes from the income account (e.g.,
> Income:Dividends) and goes to the brokerage account (Assets:Brokerage) . I
> am not sure you need that second transaction at all.
> Without the second transaction, things get much simpler.

The dividends MUST go to the fund account, the questions is wether or not to
show them in the brokerage account.  I could just have Income:Dividends ->
Asset:Brokerage:Fund and that would be simpler.  The dividend MUST go to the
fund account because it is buying additional shares of that fund.  But if I
lack the in/out transaction fo the money going through the brokerage fund,
that account no longer matches what I see when I get a listing from the
brokerage company.  Also, by putting that information on the brokerage
account, I have one account that shows all money movement into and out of
that account.

So yes, I do not NEED the second transaction. Having it is a value
judgement.  Do I want simple or am I willing to deal with some complexity to
get a clearer view of what is happening?  Fortunately I was able to automate
the process using the shell script I mentioned in an earlier post,
eliminating much of the manual labor.