Scheduled transactions editor does not include ACTION feature | Use Bugzilla

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 23:46:34 EDT 2017

Andrew,
I believe that you and I are talking about the same field, and that you are NOT talking about the Actions menu,  which Dave H. was talking about.
I specifically said the action field in a _transaction_; whether that transaction is in a register or the transaction editor should be, I believe,  immaterial. If there is a behavioral difference between them, that would be an issue.
That was why I asked you what specific steps you were taking to arrive at this conclusion, to see if the problem can be reproduced.

Again, taking into account that I don't use scheduled transactions much, I do recall that the transaction editor is slightly different from a normal register, and that there is an extra line that is not present in a normal register. That confused me the few times I tried to edit transactions there.
I should add that the devs say they prefer noting enhancements either in Bugzilla or on Uservoice, precisely because requests on the lists get lost. I'm not sure there is a clear delineation of when to use which.
Cheers, David

> the Action field in a given transaction.

I am **not** talking about the ACTION  field in any particular account
register.  Rather,  once a scheduled transaction has been setup; if that
transaction is going to be edited, it needs to be edited in the Scheduled
Transaction Editor.  I am saying that in that Editor, the action field does
not work.    This is **somewhat** similar to Bugzilla bug 776564 where the
notes field had a problem **in the Editor**.

GnuCash - User mailing list wrote
> re few extra developer cycles for edge cases.

Totally understood!  Just wanted to know where to record my 2 cents.

Best,
AEG